Step 1: Check the Printing Requirements
Check that your 123 HP Envy 6020 printer and Apple iOS device encounter the following requirements for using AirPrint.
- The Apple iOS device should have version 4.2 or higher.
- Your 123 HP Envy 6020 printer should support airprint setup. Almost all HP printers support AirPrint.
- The HP Envy 6020 printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Try to perform a print operation. If in case you receive a message No AirPrint printers found, then go the next step to connect your HP Envy 6020 printer.
Step 2: Set the Wireless Connection
Follow the steps to connect the device and HP Envy 6020 printer through the wireless network.
- Disconnect from the device or 123 HP Envy 6020 printer any USB or Ethernet cable. If they are connected.
- Connect the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer to the network:
- On the HP Envy 6020 printer’ control panel, select the 123 HP Envy 6020 Airprint Setup Network, or Wireless.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- You will be prompted with some on-screen instructions for connecting the device and the HP Envy 6020 printer.
- Try to perform the print operation.
Step 3: Set the Wi-Fi Direct
Connect your HP Envy 6020 printer and Apple iOS device encounter by means of Wi-Fi Direct using the following steps:
- On the HP Envy 6020 printer, check that a solid blue light is on beside to the Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct button or besides the Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct icon that is displayed on the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer’s control panel.
- Press the Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct button or go to the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer’s control panel menu settings to find and touch Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Now go to your Apple iOS device and tap on Settings options, and then tap on Wi-Fi.
- You will get the Choose a network Select and follow the on-screen instructions.
Perform AirPrint from Your 123 HP Envy 6020 Device
Check that the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer is powered on and is in a ready state. If the 123.hp.com/setup 6020 printer is in sleep mode that is if the power light is dim then turn the printer on or press the power button to awaken it. Open the document, photo, email, or webpage that requires printing. Tap on the Action icon in order to display the menu options. Once ready, tap on the Print option or the Print icon based on the type of file that you require printing using 123 HP Envy 6020 Airprint Setup. On the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer Options menu, tap on the Select Printer, and then select your 123 HP Envy 6020 printer from the list.
If you receive a message No AirPrint Printers Found then go to the option then follow the following troubleshooting steps:
- Place the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer and the router close to each other. Check that there are not obstacles that arise between the HP Envy 6020 printer and the router. Check that the router is set at 2.4 GHz.
- Check for the Wi-Fi settings. Update the HP Envy 6020 printer firmware. You will get the latest firmware from 123.hp.com/setup 6020
- Check whether AirPrint is enabled from the Embedded Web Server (EWS). For this you need to print a Network Configuration Page to fetch theIP address of the HP Envy 6020 printer.
- Once you get the IP address of the printer, go to the web browser and type the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer IP address in the browser’s address bar.
- Press Enter. The EWS information page for the HP Envy 6020 printer options opens. Click on the Settings tab, then Security and then Administrator settings.
- In Network Settings select AirPrint and then click Apply. Restart the HP Envy 6020 printer and then try to print.
- Check that the router supports forwarding of Bonjour packets. For this, you need to check for the specifications or any support documentation of your router.
- If the router supports it, then try to perform print; otherwise, make use of a router that supports Bonjour.
- You can even add the printer to the printer list by making use of the IP tab and the 123 HP Envy 6020 printer’s IP address.
- Try to perform print operations from any other device or computer. This is done to ensure that the issue is with the printer or the device.